Friday, February 16, 2007

Mother's Day - Trivia, Folk Customs, Myths and Fun Facts from Around the World

George Washington once said, "My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."


Not only for George Washington, this is true for all. For every guy, his mother is the first woman in his life and this leads to a great bond forever! Here's a few trivia on Mother's Day that I found... for more you can pay a visit here!

Rosa Parks was the mother of bus boycott in Montgomery, Alabama that launched the Civil Rights Movement.

Chinese family names are often formed (begin) with a sign that means "mother". It's a nice way of honoring their moms long past.

The ancient Greeks celebrated Mother's Day in spring, like we do. They used to honor Rhea, "mother of the gods" with honey-cakes and fine drinks and flowers at dawn. Sounds like the beginnings of the Mother's Day tradition of breakfast in bed!

Mother Shipton was a Prophetess in Britain 500 years ago. She could see the future, and predicted that another Queen Elizabeth would sit on the throne of England. (QE II)

Japan's Imperial family trace their descent from Omikami Amaterasu, the Mother of the World.

Send this free eCard
Send this Mother's Day Family eCard !

No comments: